CCT is proud to announce we are a 2021 member of the Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC). The leading voice on packaging sustainability, the SPC brings together businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies to collectively strengthen and advance the business case for more sustainable packaging. The organization is passionate about the creation of packaging that is good for people and the environment.
According to the SPC, the definition of a sustainable package is one that is:
- Beneficial, safe, and healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle
- Meets market criteria for both performance and cost
- Sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy
- Optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials
- Manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices
- Made from materials that are healthy throughout the life cycle
- Physically designed to optimize materials and energy
- Effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed loop cycles
We’re continuing our commitment to creating sustainable, environment-friendly solutions that protect temperature-sensitive goods. These include lean initiatives, internal recycling programs, energy conservation, reusable solutions, and recyclable products.