The Senior Planner is responsible to coordinate the production planning and requirements of a product line, or product lines, and selected items or a family of items. The position is responsible for ensuring that the stocking levels are maintained within established guidelines, and that the development and implementation of production and manufacturing schedules meet client requirements and maintain proper inventory levels. The position has significant interaction with manufacturing, supply chain, client services, and account management.
- Plan and prioritize production activity to support demand throughout North America, including coordination of the creation and execution of jobs to support production schedules.
- Lead the daily Order Management Meeting for the appropriate site.
- Monitor customer trends in anticipation of orders.
- Support New Product Introduction as needed.
- Utilize Epicor to maximize planning functions and reporting.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels of finished goods to meet production demands and desired service levels.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the CCT manufacturing sites, address and communicate issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Client Services and Account Management, plan and modify production schedules to meet order management prioritizations.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with buyers, determine raw material availability to meet production schedules.
- Monitor productivity and quality metrics, analyze production data to spot trends and recommend improvements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA, BS, or AS Degree in a discipline relevant to Materials Management or Operations.
- 3 to 5 years of applicable experience in planning, purchasing and/or materials management.
- Significant working experience with a computerized, top-tier ERP system.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven time management skills: organized with strong attention to detail and outstanding follow up.
- Ability to always work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment, as well as prioritize, adapt to changes, and understand urgency and when to escalate.
- Significant experience with MS Office and database software applications.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on occasion.
- Occasional travel possible.
Apply using the form below.