The Help Desk Technician ensures proper computer, telephone, printer, network, mobile device management, and software operations so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- Escalate issues as required.
- Provide user support to end users and on occasion, external customers, including but not limited to software applications, hardware, policies, best practices, and security.
- Manage, and evolve the IT Help Desk ticketing system and procedures to ensure robust and effective helpdesk support to the organization.
- Responsible for maintenance, upgrades and migrations of desktop computers, hardware, and software.
- Perform routine system health checks and software updates.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions (FAQs) for end users and IT technicians.
- Maintain asset inventory; record and track computers/hardware.
- Prepare all equipment for salvage disposal.
- Contribute to the evaluation of new solutions, technologies, hardware, and software.
- Assist in the overall backup and disaster recovery strategy.
- Participate in the management of security software.
- Work in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in helpdesk support, networking support, and troubleshooting in a corporate environment of 100+ users.
- Knowledge of imaging techniques and remote software deployment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams/Zoom/LogMeIn/SOTI
Windows OS (desktop and server) – (Linux and MAC OS a plus).
- Strong hands-on skills with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office 365.
- Demonstrated network troubleshooting techniques and ethernet cable termination skills.
- Other beneficial skills - Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP), Epicor business software, Exact Synergy workflow and document management software, Communications and VOIP, SOTI MDM software, VMware, Terminal Server, and Firewall skills.
- Strong verbal, organizational, and written communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service; ability to build strong team relationships with diverse internal and external customer groups.
- Adaptive to changing priorities and customer requirements.
Apply using the form below.