The Senior Buyer manages the purchasing requirements of selected items or families of items. The position is responsible for ensuring that the demand for purchased items are met in a timely and cost-effective manner, that the stocking levels are maintained within established guidelines, and proper inventory levels are maintained. The position has significant interaction with Planning and Quality Assurance.
- Procure standard product materials while meeting quality, delivery, and cost requirements.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels of raw materials to meet production demand, desired service levels, and inventory turns as set by management.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the supplier base, communicate issues in a timely fashion.
- Participate in on-going supplier evaluation on a regular basis.
- Drive continual improvement in supplier-base quality, material costs, inventory turns, and delivery performance.
- Maintain accurate data elements in company ERP system such as min/max, lead-time, order multiples, and supplier price lists.
- Contribute to supplier selection and on boarding as required.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA, BS or AS Degree in a discipline relevant to Materials Management or Operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable experience in purchasing and/or materials management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner always.
- Proven time management skills; organized with strong attention to detail and outstanding follow up.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment; be flexible, be able to prioritize, be able to adapt to changes, understand urgency, and when to escalate.
- Working knowledge of Kanban.
- Significant working experience with Epicor ERP system a plus.
- Working knowledge of ISO-9001, six sigma, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Significant experience with MS Office and database software applications.
Apply using the form below.