Cold Chain Technologies (CCT) is a leading developer and manufacturer of controlled-temperature distribution solutions for the pharmaceutical, biotech, health care and medical device industries. We are a technically advanced, financially secure company with more than 40 years of experience and a history of vigorous growth. Primarily US-based, the company has begun aggressive expansion into international markets.
The company’s headquarters are in Franklin, MA, and CCT is an ISO 9001:2008 registered firm. We have US manufacturing facilities in Franklin, MA, Nashville, TN and Reno, NV. Internationally, we are distributing and manufacturing our products in Europe through our Netherlands licensee, Topa Verpakking, and are distributing in Latin America through our affiliate, CCT de Panama. Our design and testing laboratories are highly recognized throughout the industry as world-class.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Transportation Manager will have direct oversight to all freight/traffic related activities. This includes all freight vendor negotiation and selection as well as the day-to-day activity of controlling inbound and outbound freight. This position will ensure that all of Cold Chain and its suppliers will maximize freight efficacies, minimize cost, and ensure all products are delivered on-time with no damage and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate with freight forwarders and brokers for all Cold Chain locations establishing best practices and reducing cost.
- When applicable, establish contracts based on quality, load size, lanes, price, and service.
- Ensure that all of Cold Chain and its suppliers are utilizing already established forwarders.
- Ensure that all of Cold Chain complies with all necessary shipping documentation and regulatory matters.
- When required, manage the flow of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Ultimately responsible for minimizing or eliminating all quality issues related to transportation.
- As Cold Chain expands internationally, must have a solid foundation in Incoterms and corresponding international documentations specific to ownership, liability, invoicing, duties and taxes.
- A thorough knowledge of distribution, warehousing and 3PLs will be essential as these interactions would occur daily.
- Identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities for all of Cold Chain’s transportation activities.
- Bachelor degree or 10 years’ equivalent experience in a transportation disciple. (MBA Preferred
- Proven solicitation and negotiation skills within transportation.
- Ability to manage freight for multiple manufacturing sites, 3PL warehouses, and suppliers both domestically and internationally.
- Formal Continuous improvement training and execution – Lean and or six sigma.
- Warehousing and distribution knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of all shipping terms and documentation for both international and domestic shipping.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. This person will be communicating across all levels of the organization as well as with suppliers and customers.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver results on schedule.
- Thorough knowledge of all regulatory requirements for transporting a variety of materials.
- Strong computer, system, and software knowledge or skills specific to transportation.
- Knowledge of shipping in the health care, pharmaceutical, and biotech industries.
- Certification in lean or 6 sigma
- Track records of establishing 3PL warehouses or distribution locations.
Lifting and physical activity may occasionally be required.
Occasional travel may be required.