The holder of this position will effectively own, manage and contribute to a range of product and market related initiatives in order to drive revenue and margin growth in specific areas of responsibility. This includes regular collection and monitoring of margin and revenue data within and among assigned market segments and/or product lines, product life cycle management, ongoing market trend analysis, competitive analysis, brand management, new product introduction (NPI), marketing collateral creation, and Commercial Team training. In addition, this role will provide a key bridge between the internal Engineering Team and the customer-facing Commercial Team. This role will interface with many departments of the company and includes collaboration with both suppliers and customers. Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, the Product Manager / Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for key initiatives including the following:
- Ongoing product life cycle management through product launch, mature product development and product obsolescence
- Act as owner and champion of major projects and initiatives in area(s) of responsibility
- Actively and continuously, contribute to analysis, rationalization, and overall development of innovative new products, service offerings and strategies
- Daily monitoring and reconciliation of sales reports including revenue and margin in assigned product or market segment area
- Manage current product commercial specifications and supporting documentation
- Develop product support content for CCT employee and client training
- Support collection of market intelligence data on competitive companies and product/service offerings
- Become a go-to product and market expert for the internal and remote Commercial Team members
- Participate in development of effective marketing collateral
- Be the voice of the customer in continuous improvement projects involving current products
- Ensure status of key projects is communicated effectively throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s degree; area of study in Engineering or technical field preferred
- Preferred 5-10 years of experience in product management, product development, product engineering, project/program management, or brand management.
- Experience in the life sciences and/or cold chain packaging fields is a strong plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to transition seamlessly between technical and commercial topics in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company and with suppliers and customers.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly the ability to organize and analyze large data sets and to identify meaningful trends emerging from the analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment prioritizing tasks across multiple high priority and high-profile projects.
- Must be a self-starter that excels at completing tasks when given clear goals and the autonomy to work without constant oversight.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams, often with remote colleagues through the use of live video and collaborative conference tools.
- Strong knowledge and use of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Occasional travel may be required
- This position is open to both on-site and fully remote candidates