The Senior Product Manager is responsible for leading cross-functional teams in successfully developing and launching high-quality products and enhancements that increase profit and generate higher market share. This person will partner with customers and use market research to identify product opportunities while writing product requirements, researching best practices, and translating concepts into actionable and measurable tactics. The Senior Product Manager will manage all aspects of the product lifecycle, from specifying technical requirements to developing global marketing strategies.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for existing and new product lines by performing comprehensive market research on competitive products and market opportunities
- Develop and present detailed business & marketing plans to support recommendations for new and redesigned strategic product and/or business advancement opportunities
- Construct well defined product requirements documents with prioritized features based on client and market needs
- Develop launch plans for introduction of new products into the market
- Empower the sales effort by defining a sales process, supported by the requisite sales tools so the customer can choose the right products and options.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Attend & present at industry conferences as well as meet with clients and prospects
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Effectively communicate market opportunities, requirements and positioning to the executive team, marketing communications, engineering and rest of the organization.
- Act as a leader within the company
- Ad hoc projects and other responsibilities as assigned
I. Special Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Physical Limitations, etc…):
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
- 5-8 years of related experience in product marketing in a technical setting
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience servicing the life science, pharmaceutical and biotech markets
- Travel 50% of the time