The Senior Product Development Engineer is expected to manage multiple projects, taking responsibility for the overall coordination of the technical development of thermal packaging solutions or services for pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Working closely with customer representatives and teaming with internal sales & marketing personnel, the Senior Product Development Engineer coordinates and manages the technical specification development to meet customer requirements. This includes but is not limited to product design, development testing, prototyping, program schedules and assists in transition into manufacturing. It is expected that the Senior Product Development Engineer will take responsibility for more complex new products and contribute to improvements in the engineering groups best practices.
- Provide significant technical contributions in the areas of basic engineering principles, thermodynamics and packaging design. Perform technical analysis, product design, testing and specifications for transition to manufacturing.
- Assist customers in developing engineering requirements that adequately define a product or service solution which will meet customer or market requirements.
- Coordinate all internal activities related to the successful completion of the project through the company’s new product development process, resulting in a timely product release to manufacturing and delivery to the customer.
- Manage project timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- May manage Product Development Specialist as a direct report providing project guidance and technical mentorship as required.
- Maintain significant communication with customer contacts and sales representatives, providing frequent status reports and soliciting input when required.
- Working with our R+D engineers the Senior Product Development Engineer is expected to contribute to the development of standard design practices that all project engineers use.
- The Senior Product Development Engineer will also provide significant contributions to the continuous improvement of our testing and reporting procedures.
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Engineering Physics including thermodynamic applications.
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable experience.
- Detailed knowledge of thermal cold chain shipper design including thermal performance, materials and fabrication details of all components.
- Ability to complete appropriate business analysis and product costing to ensure projects meet financial objectives.
- Capable of conducting engineering analysis and providing clear, concise, detailed results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Focuses on results and finds ways to move projects forward. • Interacts effectively with all levels and functions to achieve project goals.
- Strives to develop skills and knowledge and to collaborate with peers at a high technical level
- Maintains a positive attitude and remains flexible in seeking results.
- Negotiates realistic commitments and keeps others informed others on progress and obstacles in achieving them.
- Physical activity and the ability to occasionally lift 50lbs maximum and lesser amounts more frequently.
- Available for occasional travel