The Senior International Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and perform related projects. The role will assist the Corporate Controller in establishing, solidifying, and documenting accounting controls, processes, and procedures on a worldwide basis in a manufacturing environment. This individual will focus on automation and systems use to reduce the close timing and improve the accuracy of the month close.
- Prepare accurate and timely journal entries and reconciliations of certain more complex general ledger accounts, ensuring a 5-day close cycle
- Oversee proper recording of weekly and monthly payroll and benefit allocations worldwide
- Compile various reporting schedules for monthly/quarterly/annual filings as required by local statutory requirements, liaising with external service providers as needed
- Ensure intercompany balances are accurate and reconciled, reviewing and recording intercompany transactions for accuracy and timeliness
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial management reports, including variance analysis of operating and other expenses in a global manufacturing environment
- Maintain a continued focus on improving and documenting department procedures, processes, and controls, ensuring that each international subsidiary also has written policies and procedures
- Assist in year-end audit and tax preparation, inquiries, and resolution of issues.
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
Qualifications (education, years of experience, etc.)
- BS degree in accounting, CPA is a plus
- Minimum 4+ years of applicable accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with foreign subsidiaries and currency translation
- Strong computer and system skills, including a proficiency with MS Office and intermediate Excel abilities;
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Epicor experience a plus.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Behavioral Requirements
- Focuses on results and finds ways to move projects forward.
- Interacts effectively with all levels and functions to achieve project goals.
- Strives to develop skills and knowledge and to collaborate with peers.
- Maintains a positive attitude and remains flexible in seeking results.
- Negotiates realistic commitments and keeps others informed of progress and obstacles in achieving them.
Other Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Travel, Physical etc.) :
- Available for occasional travel