The Senior / Global Marketing Manager (S / GMM) is responsible for leading the global marketing planning and driving execution for the portfolio of CCT products under his / her responsibility. In this role, the person will support in development of Business unit plans and develop Marketing plans. The Senior Global Marketing Manager will manage all aspects of the product portfolio, such as - product lifecycle, specifying technical requirements to developing global marketing strategies. The person is expected to be the expert on the market as well as the product aspects for the portfolio. The S / GMM will be part of the marketing leadership team as well as the respective BU leadership team.
We also envision this person to support the development and marketing plan for CCTs Cell & Gene therapy product line.
- Define the portfolio strategy and roadmap for existing and new product lines by performing comprehensive market research on competitive products and market opportunities.
- Develop and present detailed marketing plans to support recommendations for new and redesigned strategic products and/or business advancement opportunities.
- Construct well defined product requirements documents with prioritized features based on client and market needs and support the New Product Innovation process.
- Develop launch plans for introduction of new products into the market.
- Empower the sales effort by defining a sales process, supported by the requisite sales tools so the customer can choose the right products and options.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Attend & present at industry conferences as well as meet with clients and prospects.
- Effectively communicate market opportunities, requirements and positioning to the executive team, marketing communications, engineering and rest of the organization.
- Act as a leader within the company
- Ad hoc projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
- 7-10 years of related experience in portfolio marketing in a technical setting
- Experience in managing a portfolio of technical products.
- Experienced in developing annual and long-term marketing plans.
- Prior experience / knowledge of Cell & Gene therapy portfolio.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Experience in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience servicing the life science, pharmaceutical and biotech markets.
- Has had supervisory experience and necessary marketing training / education.
- Travel <25% of the time