The Senior Buyer Planner is responsible for handling the complete order fulfilment process from order receipt through delivery to the customer. The position is responsible to ensure customer demands are met in a timely and cost-effective manner and shipments are delivered on time. The position is also responsible to maintain effective business relationships with vendors and partners, and to work closely with other departments to ensure that production and manufacturing schedules meet customer requirements, and that proper inventory levels are maintained in order to fulfill client orders. The Senior Buyer Planner will also work closely with the Business Development Manager to manage and monitor the day-to-day transactions and interactions of assigned accounts, and to investigate and resolve customer complaints and issues. The position has significant interaction with Engineering, Customer Service, Production and Quality Assurance.
- Procure standard product materials while meeting quality, delivery and cost requirements.
- Plan purchasing and production activity through the use of advanced ERP techniques and Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the supplier base. Communicate issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop long-term relationships with our clients; maintain in-depth knowledge of their requirements. Manage day-to-day interactions with LATAM clients.
- Investigate and recommend new or alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and or supplier performance issues.
- Provide NPI support from the supply chain perspective. Leading supplier early involvement starting from initial quotes and managing suppliers all the way through to products ready to ship to CCT de Panama.
- Sales margin analysis, identification and tracking of product costs and standard cost reviews.
- Educate client on products or services and initiate sample shipments as needed.
- Analyze and problem solve clients’ order, complaint and service level issues.
- Manage client quotes, orders and contracts for accuracy and compliance. Maintain client notes and records with the highest degree of accuracy in Customer Relationship Management and ERP systems.
- Monitor client monthly actual usage trends and update forecasts as needed.
- Analyze data and generate reports to respond to management, sales and customer inquiries.
- Attend Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with BDM as required.
- Follow proper business practices and standards as dictated by 5S practices.
- Follow designated SOPs, Work Instructions and comply with all safety guidelines.
- Support the finance department regarding billing and accounts receivable issues.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of our programs, products and services.
- Achieve departmental objectives, develop and document procedures to streamline business operations to improve team efficiencies and productivities.
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years customer service or sales experience
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Prior planning, purchasing and/or materials management experience
- College Degree strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and outstanding follow up
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience ERPs system and Customer Relationship Management applications
- Ability to handle stressful situations, multi task, and problem solve
- Available for occasional travel