This position is a 10 month contract directly with CCT. Benefits and PTO available immediately.
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for carrying out the activities pertaining to shipping customer orders and communicating order status to Customer Service, Supply Chain and Shipping.
- Arrange for on-time order shipment using the CCT ERP and Transportation Management System (TMS) to determine the best and most cost effective means.
- Manage and coordinate with carriers for on-time customer order pickup.
- Manage and coordinate delivery schedule of Cold Chain truck.
- Create shipping documents as needed for domestic and international shipments of customer orders.
- Communicate and coordinate with Customer Service and Supply Chain to ensure that order fulfillment is executed to plan.
- Provide freight quotes as requested.
- Report late or short shipments.
- Work with Customer Service and Accounts Receivable to research and correct sales order freight invoicing issues.
- Work with Transportation Manager to resolve freight claims (i.e., collection of necessary information, pictures, documentation, file claim with carrier etc.).
- Follow the SOPs and Work Instructions pertaining to assigned responsibilities.
- Work in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Maintain assigned areas to standards as dictated by 5S practices
- Work in accordance with lean manufacturing practices.
- Other ad hoc projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Special Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Physical Limitations, etc…)
- 3 or more years related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of TMS operations and maintenance.
- Ability to use a manufacturing ERP system.
- Effective understanding of import/export regulations.
- Ability to create international documents (i.e. Commercial Invoices, Shipper’s Letter of Instruction/Shipper’s Export Declaration, Bill of Lading…)
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Effective oral, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Ability to multi-task effectively with good decision making ability.
- Requirements (Behavioral, attitude, etc.)
- Proven ability to work in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Focuses on results and finds ways to move projects forward.
- Interacts effectively with all levels and functions to achieve goals.
- Strives to develop skills and knowledge and to collaborate with peers at a high level.
- Maintains a positive attitude and remains flexible in seeking results.
- Negotiates realistic commitments and keeps others informed on progress and obstacles in achieving them.