Job Description and Responsibility:
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising activities pertaining to the plant production areas during their assigned shift. The Shift Supervisor is required to ensure that safety is maintained, production schedules are met, quality of manufactured product meets both company and customer quality standards and that company metrics are met. They must manage the production area in a manner that fosters and maintains a positive team-based environment and have the ability to provide leadership in an ISO 9001 and lean manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for performance of personnel within assigned production areas.
- Responsible to ensure that personnel are up to date on training requirements, performance. evaluations and that an effective team is maintained through motivation, coaching, training, evaluation and discipline
- Communicate and co-ordinate with Materials Management to ensure raw materials are available to execute the production plan.
- Communicate and co-ordinate with Quality to ensure that standards, best practices and metrics are being met and improved.
- Communicate and co-ordinate with the Plant Technician to ensure that plant production equipment is properly maintained.
- Responsible to create and submit production cell related maintenance work orders as required
- Responsible to monitor and re-order production cell related non-inventory shop supplies as required.
- Communicate and co-ordinate with the Operations Manager/Plant Manager to ensure that customer requirements and deliveries are being met as well as plant metrics and improvement projects.
- Ensure assigned areas follow designated SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Ensure assigned areas and activities are in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Maintain assigned areas to standards as dictated by 5S practices.
- Operate production areas in an environment of continuous improvement and in accordance with lean manufacturing practices.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Special Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Physical Limitations, etc…)**
- 3+ Years prior supervisory experience
- Effective oral, written and electronic communication skills
- Proficient MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) skills
- Experience using a manufacturing ERP system
- Ability to multi-task effectively with good decision making ability
- Prior experience with electro-mechanical automated equipment
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion
- Fork Lift License