The Senior Mechanical CAD Designer will be working in an interdisciplinary environment responsible for helping maintain multiple aspects of packaging design, corrugate fabrication, and assembly of released products using the current PDM and change management systems.
- Help with support on existing documentation and files to help prepare and submit ECR/ECOs in collaboration with the responsible engineer.
- Revise all related 2D/3D drawings associated with any design changes that are made during the ECO release process.
- Provide engineers with multiple 2D/3D CAD models of concepts to address problems with released products.
- May work with engineers and technicians to develop and evaluate the feasibility of designs.
- May analyze and apportion tolerances on parts in a way that satisfies the design needs while maintaining manufacturability.
- May obtain parts from various sources to construct prototype components and assemblies for subsequent design analysis and verification.
- May help perform design and drawing reviews to obtain feedback from the technical community.
- May help redesign existing products to reduce cost, increase manufacturability and reliability using DFM (Design for Manufacture) methodology.
- Will help with creation and processing of ECRs & ECOs when necessary.
- May help with processing of ECOs into the ERP system.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma. Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in mechanical design required.
- Strong 3D CAD solid modeling capability and an understanding of mechanical design principles are essential requirements.
- Fluency with 3D Solid Modeling (SolidWorks).
- Ability to collaborate effectively within and outside of team, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with superiors, peers, customers, and suppliers.
- May have to but not required to utilize and understand industry drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
- Knowledge of Change Management, ECOs and revision control using a controlled system.