Job Description and Responsibility:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and perform related projects. The Senior Accountant is required to perform work in a timely and accurate manner, adhere to accounting timelines and deadlines, and work towards meeting Company metrics.
- Prepare accurate and timely journal entries and reconciliations of general ledger accounts, ensuring a 5-day close cycle
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial management reports including variance analysis
- Work with the Corporate Controller to improve and document department procedures, processes, and controls
- Oversee proper recording of weekly payroll and benefit allocations
- Assist in year-end audit and tax preparation, inquiries, and resolution of issues
- Responsible to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Responsible to follow SOPs and Work Instructions pertaining to the accounting area.
- Responsible to communicate improvement ideas and department or health and safety issues
- All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Special Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Physical Limitations, etc…):
- Minimum 5+ years of applicable accounting experience, manufacturing environment preferred
- BS degree in accounting
- Strong computer and system skills, including a proficiency with MS Office, intermediate Excel abilities; Epicor experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills