The Production Engineer works under the direction of the Regional Operations Director in the development, improvement, and implementation of manufacturing methods for reusable sites, 3PLs, and contract manufacturers. The Production Engineer also takes a lead role in establishing the readiness for any newly develop site or 3PL. This includes equipment specifications, working with the local municipalities ensuring code compliance, training site employees on equipment and processes, and determining the most cost-effective process to refurbish our products. The production engineer will also evaluate equipment or process improvement opportunities at any site or 3PL on an ongoing basis to maximize efficiency, reduce waste, and reduce costs.
- Work in a team-based environment in the development, improvement and implementation of production methods, tooling, equipment, and Best Practices.
- Responsible to follow assigned SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Perform process study and analysis for refurb sites including process flow, equipment set-up, and conditioning studies to maximize efficiencies.
- Create and maintain manufacturing process documentation.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are following all safety guidelines.
- Ensure manufacturing processes support 5S standards and practices.
- Ensure manufacturing processes support lean manufacturing practices and initiatives.
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Support the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Establish the cadence for new and existing sites for all Gemba activities
- Serve as a backup to other Production and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of applicable experience, servicing electro-mechanical automated equipment.
- Ability to draft in Cad, or Solidworks
- Familiar with ISO certification requirements
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on occasion.
- Strong electro-mechanical automated equipment background.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics.
- Significant experience with standard hand and power tools.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate with limited supervision.
- Effective oral, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Occasional travel required.