This position is a 10 month contract with the Potential to go permanent. Benefits and PTO available immediately.
The Production Engineer works under the direction of the Facility and Production Engineering Manager in the development, improvement and implementation of manufacturing methods for gel and solid refrigerants, molded urethane shipping containers and fabricated expanded polystyrene (EPS) packing systems and components. Production equipment and systems include automated filling machines, automated soaking and wrapping lines, hot wire cutting machines and pressurized urethane delivery systems and molding lines. The Production Engineer also takes a lead role in equipment maintenance programs and servicing needs.
- Work in a team based environment in the development, improvement and implementation of production methods, tooling, equipment and Best Practices.
- Responsible to follow assigned SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Perform process study and analysis.
- Create and maintain manufacturing process documentation.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Ensure manufacturing processes support 5S standards and practices.
- Ensure manufacturing processes support lean manufacturing practices and initiatives
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Support the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Ensure assigned areas and activities are in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Maintain assigned areas to standards as dictated by 5S practices.
- Serve as a backup to other Production and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Special Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Physical Limitations, etc…):
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of applicable experience, servicing electro-mechanical automated equipment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on occasion.
- Strong electro-mechanical automated equipment background.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics.
- Significant experience with standard hand and power tools.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate with limited supervision.
- Effective oral, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (Solid Works Preferred)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Occasional travel required.