The Master Scheduler/Planner is responsible for transforming the sales forecast into demand planning tools for all locations. This includes creation and constant monitoring of the MPS (Master Production Plan) so that MRP will run smoothly and accurately. This position will work closely with sales, account management and planning to constantly review and update demand plans for proper execution.
- Transformer projected forecast, customer demand, customer stocking agreements, new product launch information and other sources of demand into an executable Master Production Schedule (MPS)
- The MPS allows the planners to run MRP efficiently. This position will be also be responsible for MRP reliability, ensuring the planners have the best information.
- The Master Scheduler/Planner will be the ERP system expert for all things related to demand planning, MPS, MRP, ensuring appropriate inventory levels for all stages of production.
- The Master Scheduler/Planner will oversee the planner’s execution of MRP or KanBan.
- This position will establish appropriate KPIs, measuring forecast and demand plan accuracy.
- Lead a daily schedule review meeting for all plants, buyers, and planners ensuring synchronization to demand plan.
- Maintain open communication and effective working relationships with all manufacturing, Supply Chain, CS, AM and Sales.
- Resource and Resource Group planning within the ERP system
- Work with Planning and Operations for Capacity planning
- Work with planning to maintain accurate planning data elements such as lot multiples, min/max and lead times within ERP System
- Epicor Experience strongly encouraged.
- Smart \Forecast experiences desirable
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to transition seamlessly between technical and commercial topics in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company and with suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment prioritizing tasks across multiple high priority and high profile projects.
- Must be a self-starter that excels at completing tasks when given clear goals and the autonomy to work without constant oversight.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams, often with remote colleagues through the use of live video and collaborative conference tools.
- Strong knowledge and use of MS Office applications.
- Occasional travel may be required.