Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, perform manufacturing process engineering duties including, manufacturing support, problem solving, process optimization/development, fixture and test equipment development and cost reduction at our Franklin, MA, manufacturing facility. Work collaboratively with Product Development and R&D in support or our NPI process, focusing on Design for Manufacturing. Also work collaboratively with a multitude of departments including but not limited to Supply Chain, Quality, Process Excellence, and Production Engineering.
- Oversee production, installation, procurement, and development of new equipment and fixtures.
- Support new product development or existing product line extensions/modifications by ensuring new products or manufacturing processes are designed to facilitate ease of manufacturing to produce quality, cost effective products with optimized yields.
- Resolve habitual manufacturing problems applying technical knowledge and skills.
- In conjunction with PEx, develop work center layouts, estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs.
- In conjunction with PEx and Production Engineering, evaluate existing product flow, equipment and processes, investigate and identify new technology developments for ongoing improvements, including automation improvements, machine upgrades, and other technical improvements to drive process improvements to enhance quality, safety, customer satisfaction, production standards, and cost efficiencies.
- Develop project budgets, schedules, timetables, and capital equipment justification as needed.
- Associate’s degree in engineering discipline required; BSIE, BSME, or BS in Engineering Technology or related engineering field preferred
- Minimum 2+ years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (SPC)
- Ability to plan and implement projects from concept to completion is required
- Working knowledge of FDA/ISO regulatory guidelines is required
- Experience applying Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma principles
- Experience leading teams through Value Stream and Kaizen events
- Hands on experience in trouble shooting equipment problems and process improvement
- Experience in equipment maintenance programs is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner
- The candidate must be highly motivated, hands-on, innovative, able to work with minimal direction, and should have good problem solving, teamwork, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize multiple word-processing and database applications including MS Office applications Word, Excel, Access, as well as Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- MRP and AutoCAD software experience is desirable
- Candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion
- Occasional travel required