The Machine Operator is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities pertaining to assembling or manufacturing product in a production cell. The Machine Operator is required to perform work in a safe manner, meet quality standards, adhere to production schedules, maintain 5S standards and work towards meeting company metrics.
- Responsible to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Responsible to perform assigned work in the production cell.
- Responsible to follow production schedule.
- Responsible to follow all SOPs and Work Instructions relevant to the production cell.
- Responsible to perform quality inspections and document results.
- Responsible to report any quality, manufacturing or health and safety issues to the Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Assist Team Leader or other team members as required.
- Cross train in other production cells and/or the Team Leader position, as requested by Supervisor.
- Work in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Maintain assigned areas to standards as dictated by 5S practices.
- Work in accordance with lean manufacturing practices.
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Communicate improvement ideas to the Team Leader.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Special Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Physical Limitations, etc…)
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to write
- Ability to read a scale, ruler, clock
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude