Cold Chain Technologies is a leading global provider of reusable and single-use thermal packaging solutions for the shipment of temperature-sensitive material, principally serving the pharmaceutical, biotech, health care and medical device industries. With more than 50 years of experience in ensuring product safety in transit, CCT has built a reputation as the industry's most innovative and reliable provider to the largest global life sciences companies, and has had a history of vigorous growth.
The company’s headquarters is in Franklin, MA, and is ISO 9001: 2015 registered. We have additional facilities in Nashville, TN, Reno, NV, Center Valley PA, and Elgin, IL. We are also distributing and manufacturing our products in Europe, Latin America and Asia. In addition, we work closely with sales and distribution partners in Mexico and Canada. Our design and ISTA-certified testing laboratories are highly recognized throughout the industry as world-class.
The Laboratory Technician works with Project Engineers on thermal packaging systems which protect temperature sensitive products. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for completing the timely output of qualification test results and documentation, conducts thermal tests, follows a protocol, records observations and measurements, and reports results. Responsible for calibrating, programming, operating and maintaining equipment. Assists with receipt and inspection of raw materials, and ordering and stocking of materials and equipment.
- Conduct thermal tests, including wiring of thermocouples, chamber and validator programming
- Perform pack outs of shipping systems to diagrams
- Assist in creation and proper wiring of the thermocouple location worksheets
- Record and Process Test Data
- Complete written result summaries which may include standard report graphs, tabulated results, and pack out instructions using pictures.
- Work with Project Engineers to understand test priorities
- Complete other engineering activities as required that may include special R&D testing
- Receive and track customer product
- Follow designated SOPs, Work Instructions and cGMPs
- Ensure assigned areas and activities are in compliance with all safety guidelines
- Maintain assigned areas to standards as dictated by 5S practices
- Maintain and promote both an environment of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing practices
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years experience in a laboratory environment
- Strong computer skills that include creating MS office documents and completing data analysis in excel.
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong communication, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, follow instructions/schedules/timelines and handle multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner
- Candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on occasion and frequent lifting of lighter shipping systems
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical or other cGMP-regulated industry is preferred
- Experience in LEAN principles, 6 sigma, GD&T, Quality System Documentation or GDP is a plus
- Ability to obtain a fork lift license (optional)