Product Development Engineer
Cold Chain Technologies is a leading manufacturer and provider of thermal packaging solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotech, health care and medical device industries. We are a technically advanced, financially secure company with 50 years of experience and a history of vigorous growth.
The company’s headquarters are in Franklin, MA, and is ISO 9001:2015 registered. We have additional manufacturing facilities in Nashville, TN and Reno, NV. We are also distributing and manufacturing our products in Europe through our licensee, Topa Verpakking and in Latin America through our subsidiary Cold Chain Technologies de Panama. Our affiliated design and testing laboratories are highly recognized throughout the industry as world-class.
The Product Development Engineer is expected to manage multiple projects, taking responsibility for the overall coordination of the technical development of thermal packaging solutions or services for pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Working closely with customer representatives and teaming with internal sales & marketing personnel, the Product Development Engineer coordinates and manages the technical specification development to meet customer requirements. This includes but is not limited to product design, development testing, prototyping, program schedules and assists in transition into manufacturing.
- Provide significant technical contributions in the areas of basic engineering principles, thermodynamics and packaging design. Perform technical analysis, product design, testing and specifications for transition to manufacturing.
- Assist customers in developing engineering requirements that adequately define a product or service solution which will meet customer or market requirements.
- Coordinate all internal activities related to leading the project through the company’s new product development process, resulting in a timely product release to manufacturing and delivery to the customer.
- Manage project timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Maintain significant communication with customer contacts and sales representatives, providing frequent status reports and soliciting input when required.
- Follow designated SOPs, Work Instructions and cGMPs.
- Ensure assigned areas and activities are in compliance with safety guidelines.
- Maintain an organized and clean work space and testing area as defined by 5S standards.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BS in Engineering (Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical, or other engineering disciplines that include thermodynamic applications).
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable engineering experience.
- Experience interacting directly with customers and internal sales representatives.
- Experience using modern 3D modeling software.
- Experience in thermal design.
- Capable of developing and executing experimental protocols, providing clear, concise, detailed results in a technical report format.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability to focus on results and find ways to move projects forward.
- Interact effectively with all levels and functions to achieve project goals.
- Ability to negotiate realistic commitments and keep others informed on progress and obstacles in achieving them.
- Strive to develop skills and knowledge and to collaborate with peers at a high technical level.
- Maintain a positive attitude and remain flexible in seeking results.
- Physical activity and the ability to occasionally lift 50lbs maximum and lesser amounts more frequently.
- Available for occasional travel.