IT Support Technician
Cold Chain Technologies is a leading manufacturer and provider of thermal packaging solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotech, health care and medical device industries. We are a technically advanced, financially secure company with more than 50 years of experience and a history of vigorous growth.
The company’s headquarters are in Franklin, MA, and is ISO 9001: 2015 registered. We have manufacturing facilities in Franklin, Nashville, TN and Reno, NV. We are also distributing and manufacturing our products in Europe through our licensee, Topa Thermal Packaging, and in Latin America and Asia through our wholly-owned subsidiaries. In addition, we work closely with sales and distribution partners in Mexico and Canada. Our design and ISTA-certified testing laboratories are highly recognized throughout the industry as world-class.
The IT Support Technician will act as the initial point of contact for help desk calls. Intake and resolve user support issues via in-person, phone, or remote technologies. The IT Support Technician will answer questions and provide technical support to the end user community with a focus on Microsoft Windows-based computers and a variety of off-the-shelf and custom applications as well as hardware, software, peripheral and handheld devices. The IT Support Technician will work on special projects including upgrades, rollouts etc. The position requires knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field and relies on a certain degree of experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks.
- Provide internal IT support - in person, on the phone, or remote with tools like GoToMeeting or LogMeIn
- Respond to all help desk inquires in a timely manner; resolve requests independently or with team assist and escalate issues as required
- Maintenance, upgrades and migrations of desktop computers, hardware and software
- Provide user support to end users, including but not limited to software applications, hardware, policies, best practices, and security
- Contribute to the evaluation of new solutions, technologies, hardware and software
- Assist in the overall backup and disaster recovery strategy
- Participate in the management of security software, (Bit9 and Sophos)
- Work in compliance with all safety guidelines
- Support the company’s 5S program
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong hands on skills with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN/Networking concepts and troubleshooting tools. including networking and routing
- Demonstrated network troubleshooting techniques
- Other beneficial skills (preferred)
- Windows-based server systems: Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016+
- ERP (Macola ES and/or Exact Synergy)
- Strong verbal, organizational, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with diligent work ethic
- Demonstrated flexibility with a collaborative style
- Ability to build strong team relationships with diverse internal customer groups
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and customer requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Required to work variable hours in response to support, upgrade or project requirements
- Required to work on-call
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to be physically active; climb, reach, kneel, crawl, push, pull
- Valid driver’s license required
- Occasional travel required