Cold Chain Technologies is a leading manufacturer and provider of thermal packaging solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotech, health care and medical device industries. We are a technically advanced, financially secure company with more than 50 years of experience and a history of vigorous growth.
The company’s headquarters are in Franklin, MA, and is ISO 9001: 2015 registered. We have manufacturing facilities in Franklin, Nashville, TN and Reno, NV. We are also distributing and manufacturing our products in Europe through our licensee, Topa Thermal Packaging, and in Latin America and Asia through our wholly-owned subsidiaries. In addition, we work closely with sales and distribution partners in Mexico and Canada. Our design and ISTA-certified testing laboratories are highly recognized throughout the industry as world-class.
The Import-Export Specialist is responsible for facilitating, coordinating, and managing all international shipments. The position ensures that international shipments are in compliance with customs rules and regulations. Additionally, the position will be responsible for Reverse Logistics operations, including repositioning CCT’s fleet of reusable shipping solutions globally. The position has significant interaction with Supply Chain, Customer Service, Production and Quality Assurance, and Sales & Marketing.
- Plan, prepare and process export, import and trans-border activities by country.
- Conduct day-to-day trade activities to ensure international shipments are in compliance including: shipping documentation, export license determination, Harmonized System Code (HS) classification, valuation and Incoterms.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with all intra company departments to fully understand the business, technical aspects of the product, research, materials, applications and other business resources.
- Provide guidance to employees concerning the requirements and obligations of cross-border movement of goods.
- Support the product classification process to ensure HTS/ECCN assignment and communication of this information to appropriate business personnel
- Work with both internal and external partners to measure and define trade compliance process and drive improvements.
- Work with external partners to provide advice and guidance on day-to-day import and export transactions.
- Work closely with supply chain on the repositioning of CCT’s reusable fleet of parcel and pallet solutions globally.
- Attend Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with logistics partners
- Follow proper business practices and standards as dictated by 5S practices.
- Follow designated SOPs, Work Instructions and comply with all safety guidelines.
- Support the finance department regarding billing and accounts receivable issues.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of our programs, products and services.
- Achieve departmental objectives, develop and document procedures to streamline business operations to improve team efficiencies and productivities.
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ Years’ experience in international trade compliance
- Strong experience in Global Freight Forwarding and Customhouse Broker operations.
- Strong knowledge on customs regimes such as harmonized tariff schedules, customs valuations, controlled products, country of origin rules, free trade programs, import VAT rules and US law on banned/boycotted countries.
- Knowledge and Understanding of transportation contracts
- Continued familiarization, training and research in all foreign countries Customs import and export Regulatory Compliance requirements.
- Ability to direct, analyze, support, execute and implement all U.S. import/export Compliance operations
- College Degree strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage several projects of varying complexity simultaneously and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and outstanding follow up
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience ERPs system and Customer Relationship Management applications
- Strong understanding of company Ethics, Integrity and Social Responsibility policies.
- Strong organizational, team and communication skills to work independently and take initiative to address issues.
- Some Knowledge of Spanish Language a plus
- Available for occasional travel