The Global Business Unit Director, Single Use & Sustainable (SUS) Parcel Solutions will lead, coach, and engage a global, cross functional team to deliver customer focused solutions for customers around the world which will generate profitable growth for the business. He/she is accountable for setting the strategic direction for the SUS Solutions portfolio and executing the strategy globally across functions and regional business teams. He/she is accountable for the global financial performance of the solutions tied to strategic plan commitments.
This leader will lead the resources from major functions aligned to the SUS Parcel Solution Business (even though direct reporting remains with the functions) as well as roles in regional business groups and New product innovation teams, who manage the product portfolio and innovation teams aligned to the specific platform. This role will have P&L responsibility for fast growing, multi-million-dollar global business. It is anticipated that this role will have a cross functional leadership team (direct and matrix) to lead and manage of approximately 6-8 leaders and as well as a large group of extended business team members.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- Leads change and drives profitable growth for the SUS Parcel Solution business and embeds a strong customer centric focus into portfolio and resource decisions.
- Ensures alignment of the SUS Parcel Solution business’ strategic objectives with the overall CCT strategic imperatives.
- Works closely with functional leaders to ensure optimized use of shared resources.
- Leads identification and selection of the most promising business opportunities for SUS Parcel Solutions.
- Creates/sets the short-term and long-term direction and strategies for SUS Parcel Solutions, including strategic planning for projected financial outcomes, working with the regional and functional teams.
- Develops and manages new product development portfolio for SUS Parcel Solutions in partnership with Marketing & Engineering. Provides worldwide sustaining engineering/product support leadership direction.
- Leads the acceleration of product development and successful commercialization of new products.
- Monitors and ensures proper communication of relevant market trends, regulations, and policy to ensure continuing strategic fit.
- Develops and manages the SUS Parcel Solutions team’s worldwide manufacturing/supply chain needs jointly with Operations and in setting short-term and long-term manufacturing strategy and capacity planning.
- Effectively partners and collaborates with regional business leaders, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, Business Development, Sales, and other functions to ensure development and execution of a solutions strategy
- Leads and supports resource decisions for associate career development recognizing that leadership happens at all levels and in line with critical capabilities for CCT.
- Defines and drives execution of SUS Solutions portfolio strategy, product roadmap and priorities for specified market segment in partnership with Marketing and other key functions.
- Maintains strong relationships with key opinion leaders, customers, professional associations, and advisory boards in partnership with sales.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- This leader should have general management and/or functional leadership experience with a fast growing, multi-million-dollar global business or portfolio.
- A general understanding of thermal packaging and/or temperature-sensitive product distribution is highly preferred
- A general understanding of the market segments for temperature-sensitive product distribution within the healthcare industry
- Global experience is highly preferred and experience in emerging and developing markets is a plus.
- BS/BA required; MBA highly preferred.
- Five to seven years of related functional experience and business leadership in medical device and/or life sciences industry with a consistent track-record in leading & developing high performance, cross functional teams in a matrix business environment.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated customer centric behaviors to drive a culture of engagement and successful business growth.
- Establishes leadership credibility based on integrity, ownership of a decision, and a track record of achievement in delivering large and/or multiple complex projects and influencing business outcomes.
- Solid business acumen and knowledge of medical device and/or life sciences market environment.
- Strong ability to develop robust, data-based business cases
- Demonstrated strategic agility to develop and implement business strategies and implement innovative problem-solving approaches to deliver results.
- Optimized execution: Good planning and organizational skills and ability to accelerate the pace of completing priorities to meet or deliver earlier than customer expectations.
- Global and Collaborative: Ability to work across all regions globally at both an executive and tactical level. Can operate successfully in a multi-matrix business environment.
- Effective Talent Development: Proven track-record of developing others in a cross functional team environment and maximizing resources provided. Takes action to assure organizational capabilities are in place to achieve strategy and develop a strong succession candidate pool of leaders at all levels.
- Exhibits leadership courage and agility in leading problem resolution and decision making.
- Communicates messages with clarity and conciseness for a global audience. Speaks up/constructively challenges when important questions must be raised or shared.
- Shows intellectual curiosity and cultivates innovation to include making efficiency improvements as a way of doing business and to accelerate the pace of change.