The Facility and Production Engineering Manager ensures optimal functioning of building systems including; fire/life safety, mechanical, electrical, production and laboratory equipment, preventive maintenance programs and is also responsible to manage the production engineering and support staff and the related production engineering duties.
- Responsible to manage a staff of production engineers and plant technicians.
- Maintain proper operation of all building systems and equipment including; fire/life safety, mechanical, electrical, and production and laboratory equipment.
- Inspect building systems and equipment for problems, troubleshoot issues, make repairs as necessary, and escalate more complex repairs to the Plant Manager.
- Responsible to develop and manage facility renovation and improvement program.
- Oversee contractors for facility renovation and improvement projects.
- Approve all work performed by outside contractors.
- Responsible to develop and manage the facility preventative maintenance program.
- Lead plant maintenance training programs and initiatives.
- Comply with all safety and environmental procedures, including hazardous control, lockout – tag out programs, and other building awareness programs.
- Research and justify cost savings measures to reduce plant operating expenses.
- Oversee production, installation, operation, maintenance, repair and development of new, modified and/or existing equipment and fixtures.
- Lead and support Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives to improve efficiencies, safety, and product quality.
- Responsible to develop and maintain the preventative maintenance program for equipment including machines, tools, and major equipment.
- Support Operations resolving internal and customer quality problems.
- Evaluate existing product flow, equipment and processes, investigate and identify new technology developments for ongoing improvements, including automation improvements, machine upgrades, and other technical improvements to drive process improvements to enhance quality, safety, customer satisfaction, production standards, and cost efficiencies.
- Support new product development or existing product line extensions/modifications by ensuring new products or production processes are designed to facilitate ease of manufacturing to produce quality, cost effective products with optimized yields.
- Work with Production Engineers from other CCT sites to establish and implement best practices achieving Operational Excellence.
- Working with the Process Excellence Champion develop work center layouts, estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Special Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Physical Limitations, etc…):
- Associate’s degree in engineering discipline required.
- BSIE, BSME, or BS in Engineering Technology or related engineering field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in facilities management position.
- 5-8 years of experience in production engineering.
- Working knowledge of fire/life safety, electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems plans, drawings and documentation.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing control and maintenance systems.
- Hands on experience problem solving, troubleshooting equipment, and process improvement.
- Experience in equipment maintenance programs is a plus.
- Experience applying Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma principles.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to plan and implement projects from concept to completion.