The EHS Site Manager will provide leadership and coaching to promote a Zero Injury Safety Culture to create a workplace free of recognized hazards, promote safe work behaviors, and foster a lean safety culture and ensure that all environmental regulations are met across the TN site. This individual will be responsible for continuous improvement of EHS programs and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee/supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Foster a work environment in which employees are encouraged to report and raise environmental and safety issues without fear of retaliation.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property follow CCT policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected.
- Coordinate with Plant Operations team on facility deficiencies and monthly safety audits.
- Maintain all documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair lead the Site Safety Committee.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and behaviors in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and new regulations and standards as they are introduced and/or changed within industry.
- Track, report and communicate progress against EHS strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring that training for employees and contractors regarding applicable EHS programs and procedures is conducted and effective.
- Conduct EHS audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Perform risk assessments on all incoming new chemicals.
- Manage and coordinate all hazardous/non-hazardous waste disposal program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Manufacturing or Environmental Engineering or related field; preferred.
- Min 5+ years of EHS related experience.
- Working knowledge of and proven experience in OSHA, EPA and DOT compliance in a manufacturing setting.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- Understanding of ISO 45001 and IS0 14001 preferred.
- Experience in a cGMP and FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Six sigma green / black belt certification and Lean Manufacturing experience, a plus.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with employees across departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision and able to handle highly dynamic work environment with frequent changes.
- Thorough understanding of statistical techniques and analyses.
- Strong knowledge and use of MS Office applications, integrated MRP database applications, and experience with Minitab also desired.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Available for occasional travel.