Director, Corporate Development
SVP – Marketing and Corporate Development
The Director, Corporate Development will lead all inorganic initiatives aligned to the pursuit of Cold Chain Technologies growth plan. He/she is accountable for creating the funnel of opportunities, exploring & analyzing them, and moving them through the execution funnel. He/she is accountable for achieving Go / No-Go decision making working closely with the CCT Executive leadership and Board members.
While this role is an individual contributor, this is a critical role to support the strategic goals for CCT and hence, comes with a lot of visibility and responsibility.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- Leads identification and selection of the most promising opportunities. Ensures alignment of the potential targets to CCT’s strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the Global BU and Regional commercial teams to understand strategy, gaps to support the development of the Corp Dev strategy.
- Works across functions to progress due diligence of the opportunities, as we move them through a stage gate process.
- Drive closure on opportunities being pursued and upon successful decisions, lead the completion and integration activities.
- Monitors and ensures proper communication of relevant market trends, regulations, and policy to ensure continuing strategic fit.
- Maintains strong relationships with key opinion leaders, customers, professional associations, and advisory boards within the industry.
- Works closely with executive leaders to develop appropriate plans and updates, as required.
- Develop a strong understanding of various players, their portfolio, strengths within the industry.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- This leader should have prior Corporate Development experience within the Life Science / healthcare industry.
- Should have led and managed execution of inorganic initiatives across licensing, partnerships and acquisitions and be very familiar with the process of identification, analysis, due-diligence, closure, and integration.
- Worked with Senior / Executive leadership on such deals.
- Should be familiar with the legal framework for such work.
- BS/BA required; MBA highly preferred.
- 8-12 years of experience in M&A, Business / Corporate development, Investment analysis is highly desired.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Establishes leadership credibility based on integrity, ownership of a decision, and a track record of achievement in delivering large and/or multiple complex projects and influencing business outcomes.
- Strong ability to develop robust, data-based business cases.
- Demonstrated strategic agility to develop and implement business strategies and implement innovative problem-solving approaches to deliver results.
- Optimized execution: Good planning and organizational skills and ability to accelerate the pace of completing priorities to meet or deliver earlier than customer expectations.
- Global and Collaborative: Ability to work across all regions globally at both an executive and tactical level. Can operate successfully in a multi-matrix business environment.
- Exhibits leadership courage and agility in leading problem resolution and decision making.
- Communicates messages with clarity and conciseness for a global audience. Speaks up/constructively challenges when important questions must be raised or shared.
- Shows intellectual curiosity and cultivates innovation to include making efficiency improvements as a way of doing business and to accelerate the pace of change.