The Cost Accountant is responsible for carrying out assigned day to day activities pertaining to the accounting department. The Cost Accountant is required to perform work in a timely and accurate manner, adhere to accounting timelines and deadlines, work in a safe manner, maintain 5S standards and work towards meeting company metrics.
General Accounting Responsibilities:
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reports
- Set standards for purchased and manufactured parts based upon bills of materials and operations.
- Reconcile inventory balances and help coordinate inventory counts
- Create and process new fixed assets and disposals
- Provide overall fixed asset support to multiple property locations
- Ensure accurate asset capitalization and classification
- Provide support for audits.
- All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Responsible to:
- Work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Follow accounting timelines and deadlines.
- Follow SOPs and Work Instructions pertaining to the accounting area.
- Cross train in the department, as requested.
- Accounting system maintenance and develop ad hoc reports as necessary
- Product costing and application of costs and allocations
Safety and Environment:
- Work in compliance with all safety guidelines and communicate improvement ideas and department or health and safety issues to the Controller.
- Maintain assigned areas to standards as dictated by 5S practices.
- Work in accordance with lean manufacturing practices.
- Special Requirements (License, Permit, Certification, Physical Limitations, etc…):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of applicable accounting experience
- Experience with a computerized ERP production control system preferred
- Proficient with MS Office, Intermediate Excel Skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills