Client Services Manager
The Client Services Manager is responsible for the management of the Client Services team of Client Service Specialists, to work closely with the Account Management team, and to provide support to the Business Development team. This position fosters the maintenance and growth of existing client relationships, assists Business Development in developing new client relationships, and monitors/promotes efficiencies within the department. The position also participates in planning activities and leads the implementation of initiatives, objectives, and day to day operations for the client services department in support of the company’s strategy and objectives.
- Directly manage the Client Services team to ensure performance, training and customer satisfaction goals are achieved. Provide direct customer support including to build and maintain strong client relationships, provide excellent customer service, order fulfillment, problem resolution, and account implementation, maintenance, and growth. Lead continuous improvement activities for the order fulfillment process to increase order accuracy and efficiency.
- Oversee Account Management activities for House accounts and with the Client Services team provide internal support to sales efforts to implement, maintain and grow these accounts.
- Partner with the Account Management Manager and a team of Account Managers who are directly assigned to remote, regional Business Development Managers providing direct, focused and wide-ranging internal support to regional sales efforts and focused key accounts.
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and support necessary to enable the sales organization to run effectively, efficiently and in support of business strategies and objectives. Serve as a conduit between sales and other functions; develop, manage, and improve the dissemination of information to sales.
- Proactively partner with the operations team to assure alignment with other business support processes. Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally with all parties involved in the sales process.
- Work with executive team on overall product and services pricing strategy and provide ongoing oversite of adherence to policy. Identify and manage opportunities to improve product margins for specific clients. Contribute to proposal development and submission in partnership with the Director of Business Development.
- Develop, implement and drive successful training programs for client services, account management, sales, and partner organizations.
- Develop, manage, administer and train internal personnel and external sales professionals on the solutions and tools in support of the Client Services, Account Management, Sales and Marketing departments including CRM, forecasting and other systems and tools. Lead and implement related special projects.
- Manage the tracking and reporting of sales activity (Oracle CRM), sales forecasting, productivity metrics and sales statistics against forecasts. Write, run and analyze reports in CRM and other tools working with sales and executive management to support informed business decisions.
- Participate in developing quarterly sales meeting agenda, content and/or presenting at the meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- 3-5 years of successful Client Service Management experience and responsibility.
- 10+ years of applicable Client Service experience.
- Eager to learn and lead others to learn, ability to coach and mentor the professional growth of the Client Services team.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales processes.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong training and presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service, listening, negotiation, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, ERP solutions, customer relationship management software (CRM), forecasting and other systems and tools, and call center software.
- Excellent analytical and data management skills.
- Experience in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment (preferred).
- Experience servicing the pharmaceutical and biotech markets (preferred).
- Occasional travel as needed.