The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for carrying out the day to day activities pertaining to the accounting department. The Accounting Coordinator is required to perform work in a timely and accurate manner, adhere to accounting timelines and deadlines, work in a safe manner, maintain 5S standards and work towards meeting company metrics.
- Responsible to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Responsible to perform assigned work including AP and AR daily and weekly activities and vendor/customer relations.
- Responsible to follow accounting timelines and deadlines.
- Responsible to follow SOPs and Work Instructions pertaining to the accounting area.
- Responsible to communicate improvement ideas and department or health and safety issues to the Accounting Manager.
- Cross train in the department, as requested.
- Work in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Maintain assigned areas to standards as dictated by 5S practices.
- Work in accordance with lean manufacturing practices.
- All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years of applicable accounting experience
- Experience with a computerized ERP production control system preferred
- Proficient with MS Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills