The Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor will oversee a small team to provide strong leadership and drive process improvement initiatives within a department that is growing rapidly. This position will manage and process high volume accounts payable in the United States and International. The position supervises the AP team processing accounts payable including maintaining records of amounts owed, verifying invoices and checks, coding expenses and preparing batches for payment. Responsible for timely processing of check run, the month end close of accounts payable and compliance with state and local tax reporting. Produces and/or reviews AP account reconciliations and journal entries. Maintains vendor accounts, reviewing account statements and other reports. The AP Supervisor will be heavily involved with vendor management and building supplier relationships.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate accounting and reporting of all AP related transactions.
- Lead the daily operations of the AP team; train, develop, and coach team members.
- Review and approve disbursements in Epicor
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors, PO’S, invoices, etc.
- Manage and maintain good working relationships within various CCT departments
- Regularly review key vendors for outstanding invoices
- Create monthly management reporting (payments, vendors, etc.)
- Review and propose changes to policies and/or procedures
- Work to maximize Epicor’s functionalities for both reporting and processing
- Coordinate software application updates and support other IT initiatives
- Provide information and assistance as required by auditors (Internal, External, or Government)
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years accounts payable experience
- Demonstrated supervisor experience for an AP team
- Epicor experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in use of PC applications/strong technical skills
- Strong analytical skills (ability to research, identify issues and problem solve)
- Previous experience processing international payments (FedWire, Swift, ACH, others)
- Experience using procure to pay software
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills