The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing and carrying out the preventative maintenance and scheduled maintenance programs for production equipment, systems and facility structures including HVAC, lighting, plumbing and others. Accurate recordkeeping of preventative maintenance, repair and installation activities is required. Manages spare parts inventory and orders replacement parts. Required to perform work in a safe manner, meet quality standards, follow work schedules, maintain 5S standards and work towards meeting company metrics.
- Repair production equipment, systems and facility structures, document results.
- Carry out and document preventative maintenance and scheduled maintenance on production equipment, systems and facility structures in accordance with the schedule or as required.
- Assist contractors in repairs or preventative or scheduled maintenance tasks as required.
- Follow all SOPs and Work Instructions as required.
- Work in a team based environment with production related engineer(s) in the development, improvement and implementation of new or existing production equipment and systems and implementation of Best Practices.
- Responsible to immediately report any equipment, manufacturing, quality or health and safety issues to the Production Engineer or the Plant Manager.
- Assist in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Ensure repair and preventative maintenance programs support lean manufacturing practices.
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Communicate improvement ideas to the Facility and Production Engineering Manager or the Plant Manager.
- Maintain spare parts inventory.
- Maintain maintenance tool inventory.
- Ensure assigned areas and activities are in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Maintain assigned areas to standards as dictated by 5S practices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to service electro-mechanical automated equipment, 8-10 years of experience desired (Licensed Electrician a plus)
- Strong mechanical/electrical skills
- Strong Trouble Shooting skills
- Demonstrated leadership in Operator & Safety training
- Significant experience with standard hand and power tools
- Must possess basic fabrication skills such as measuring, cutting, and hole drilling of plastics, metals, and wood
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Effective oral, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ERP/CMMS software
- Fork lift license required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a team (LEAN) environment.